Wednesday, September 15, 2010





We have just seen the beautiful first sample of a silk scarf I designed in collaboration with NV London Calcutta, an ethical accessories company run by the lovely Naomi Cornelius-Reid. The silk is hand-spun in a small village in West Bengal and then hand-screen printed in Calcutta using non-toxic inks. It will be available to buy sometime next month from Ryantown, NV London Calcutta and selected outlets. The scarf measures 2.5 metres long and looks absolutely incredible!!! You will be able to buy the scarf on it's own, or alongside the ethically made buffalo leather bag as an ingenious handle.

10 comments:

lisa stubbs said...

Oh it's beautiful! just love it! wish I lived near your shop!! will they be available in your Etsy shop?

Unknown said...

I love the scarf and the bag with it as a handle. I hope I'll be able to get one soon.

Unknown said...

We dig your exquisite work. Need your scarf BADLY

Rob Ryan said...

It's really hard to show what the scarf is really like cos it's so so long, will try and post new pics next week !

Rob

Elizabeth said...

These are just exquisite. I love the scarf.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! Will you have some for sale on Etsy as well? I think I need one :)

jone hallmark said...

It looks fantastic in the photos.
How absolutely glorious.....

K A T H L E E N said...

that is just beautiful! can go with anything and look super chic!
Come Follow & Vote for me xoxo

A BRIT GREEK said...

Oh Wow! Such a gorgeous scarf!

I didn't know you had a blog til I came across Elle mag, you have such a unique and amazing talent!
Apart from the Etsy shop do you sell your work in Selfridges or anywhere else? (I haven't gone through the rest of your blog yet!)

Ciao

Bry said...

Will these be available from your Etsy shop? I MUST have one!